How to Apply
Applying is easy using our Online Application. It simplifies submission and provides parents a tool for tracking online the status of their admission after their application has been submitted. A non-refundable fee of $150 must be submitted with each application.
The school is currently accepting online applications for the 2020-2021 school year.
Create an Online Application
To begin the Online Application process, visit the Application page . Then create or log in to your account and Create A New Student Application for your child. You will then have the flexibility to log in and out of your account and access your open application.
For step by step instructions for applying click here for instructions and FAQs.
Instructions for Completing the Application for Admission
We are so pleased that you have expressed an interest in River Hills Christian Academy. It is our goal to help each family to complete the Application for Admission in a timely, straightforward manner. If you have questions during the process, please email us at Principal@rhca.cc or call the school office at 361-933-1114.
The Application for Admission starts online with basic information and agreements. Should you have a problem with the online process, please contact our partner TADS at the numbers listed on the application website. TADS has helpful staff standing by to make sure that the process is as smooth as possible.
Steps for Applying
- Go to the Application page and create one username and password for each family. You can also reach the TADS website directly.
- Complete one Application for Admission for each student applying to RHCA.
- Submit each Application for Admission with the $150 application fee (bank draft only). This fee covers your child’s placement testing and the online submission and processing costs.
- Upon submitting your application with payment, you will be contacted by RHCA to set up a testing date for you child.
- Download the hard copy forms that will need to be submitted to complete your child’s application (also available in Application Packets and from the School Office):
- Teacher Recommendation Form (optional for PK and K applications, required for Grades 1 and higher)
- Request for Records Form (only required for Grades 1 and higher)
- Immunization and Medical Records Form (required for all students)
Note: It is important that the Teacher Recommendation Form be delivered promptly to your child’s current school, as we cannot schedule an admission interview until these items have been received. We recommend that families supply a stamped envelope, addressed to RHCA, PO Box 260607, Corpus Christi, TX 78426, to help teachers expedite their recommendations.
Your child’s official school records are not required as part of the application process, but they will need to be transferred to RHCA upon enrollment. Similarly, the Immunization and Medical Records Form is not due until enrollment, but students for whom the form is not on file may not be permitted to start school until it is received, as stated in Texas state health law.
6. Mail, email, or hand deliver the following to the School Office:
- Your child’s latest report card (required for Grades 1 and higher, optional for PK-K if applicable)
- Your child’s latest standardized test scores (if applicable)
- If your child has been homeschooled, a list of curriculum used in each subject and the average hours per week devoted to each subject
Once we have received all materials and your child has tested, you will be contacted to schedule a family interview with the Principal. We require that both parents be present for the interview (including divorced families). If this presents a problem, the family can discuss alternative arrangements with the Principal when scheduling the interview.